Lane Cove Council
Lane Cove Council Tree Preservation Order
Priority Tree Services provide amongst other tree care services, stump grinding, tree removal and tree pruning (sometimes referred to as tree lopping), as well as consultancy by qualified arborists within the Lane Cove Council area. Lane Cove Council covers the following suburbs:
||North Lane Cove
||West Lane Cove
Below is a brief overview of the Tree Preservation Order within Lane Cove Council. Please note this document should be used as a guide only.
To view complete Tree Preservation Order for this council please CLICK HERE.
Lane Cove Councils Tree Preservation Order allows for the following work to be carried out without consent or permission:
- All trees less than 4 metres in height and a trunk diameter less than 150mm
- Pruning of dead branches
- Pruning of branches that are within 2 metres of electric powerlines
- Pruning and removal of fruit trees and flowering fruit trees (Prunus sp, Malus sp, Citrus sp)
- Pruning and reshaping of Cypress Pines not greater than 10% of whole canopy
- Pruning and removal of Crepe Myrtle with a height less than 6m.
- Tree species that have been declared a noxious plant for the Lane Cove Municipality under the Noxious Weeds Act 1993
Exempt tree species within Lane Cove Council are as follows:
|African Olive Olea africana
|Cocos Palm Syagrus romanzoffianum
|Cotoneaster Cotoneaster spp
|Crepe Myrtle Lagerstroemia indica
|Rubber Tree Ficus elastic
|Tree of Heaven Ailanthus altissima
|Umbrella Tree Schefflera actinophylla
The Tree Preservation Order exemption list does not apply to the following:
- Any tree, whether indigenous, or exotic which has
i) a height exceeding 4 metres, and
ii) a trunk diameter greater than 150mm (measured at 1 metre above the ground).
- Trees in bushland which are not subject to an approved plan of management.
This Tree Preservation Order prohibits the ringbarking, cutting down, topping, lopping, removing, injuring or wilful destruction of any tree within the local government area of Lane Cove having a height greater than 4 metres and a diameter greater than 150 millimetres (measured at 1 metre above the ground) excepting where the consent of Council is first obtained.
Tree Preservation Order – click here
Application Form – click here
Fact Sheet Download – click here